July 23, 2009

music for every moodswing!

song of the day: stockholm syndrome v. little honda / yo la tengo

http://www.last.fm/music/Yo+La+Tengo/_/Stockholm+Syndrome

[for those not-so-fresh-feeling dopamine-less hours]

What's the matter, why don't you answer
What's the matter with me?
Is it so hard to be
Free and easy, we'll disappear completely
Hardly as I've known it's glad

Your heart is broken, and the doors are open
As you're hoping to be
There's brighter places to see
Hands need warning, early in the morning
Hardly as I've known a surprise

No, don't warn me
I know it's wrong, but I swear it won't take long
And I know, you know,
It makes me sigh; but I do believe in love

Another season, but the same old feelings
Another reason could be
I'm tired of aching, summer's what you make it
But I'll believe what I want to believe

[Please let us all clear our throats!]


v.

http://www.last.fm/music/Yo+La+Tengo/_/Little+Honda

[for so-fresh-and-so-clean moments of exhilaration
"as crisp as a pair of white panties on a baby prostitute"
]

I'm gonna wake you up early cause I'm gonna take a ride with you
We're going down to the Honda shop I'll tell you what we're gonna do
Get on the ride, no sweat, sure we'll take you anywhere you want me to

First gear, it's all right
Second gear, hang on tight
Third gear, ain't I right
Faster, it's all right

It's not a big motorcycle, just a groovy little motorbike
It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys, that two-wheel ride
We'll go on into the hills or anywhere you wanna decide

We'll ride some hills like a champ because my Honda's built really light
When I go into the turn, lean with me, hang on tight
I think I'll put on the lights, so I can ride mine under the night

No comments:

Post a Comment